2 Feb 2010

Saturday, 16 January 2010

I had hoped to run on Friday after work but I had to stay and help out with some business. By the time I was done it was late and I was in no mood to run. However, I was able to run this morning. Around half past nine I set off down to Premia de Mar, holding back a bit so as to have a good warm up. In fact, I seemed to get down to Premia a little bit faster than usual. I timed myself from Premia station to the el Masnou-Mongat line in about 28 minutes and 20 seconds running into a headwind to boot.
After reaching the line I went on for another ten minutes or so to the Barcelona side of the railway tunnel. There I stretched and took some water before heading back. I knew it was going to be slow going back. Timing the return leg of my timed section in almost exactly 30 minutes, even with the tail wind. The legs felt heavy around the thighs. By the time I got back to Premia station I was very tired. The total time for the workout was about an hour and 40 minutes. Estimate the distance covered to be about 18 kilometres.

No comments: